WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Back in the saddle again...Humday returns

Posts

Back in the saddle again...Humday returns

#1

Back in the saddle again...Humday returns

Hi folks, sorry I missed a couple of trivia posts. Holiday madness, followed by a brutal cold kept me sidelined. But I'm back...almost healthy, and ready to toss out the first humpday triviola of the year.

In 1960, Stan Mikita partially fractured something that eventually led to a new wood related innovation. What was it?

Tom

Re: Back in the saddle again...Humday returns

#2

Re: Back in the saddle again...Humday returns

The only wood I can think of in hockey is the stick. Are you trying to throw us a CURVE ball?

Re: Back in the saddle again...Humday returns

#3

;-)

Re: Back in the saddle again...Humday returns

#4

Da Answer.....

Ken shoots....he scores! Ken gets his choice of a replica Stanley Cup or a golden uni for getting the answer correct.

In 1960 Mikita partially broke the straight blade on his hockey stick. He continued to play with that stick and noticed it had more action. His teamate, Bobby Hull learned of this and together they inspired the concept for the curved blade on a hockey stick.

Tommy

Re: Back in the saddle again...Humday returns

#5

Re: Da Answer.....

Actually he broke the blade over the head of a N.Y. Ranger defenseman. I was there.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.