Covering for Sgt. Dan
Seven hundred years ago a certain country had reduced it's forest so badly that a certain wood product was often rented and reused.
What was the country and what was the wood product I'm speaking of?
Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge
Covering for Sgt. Dan
Seven hundred years ago a certain country had reduced it's forest so badly that a certain wood product was often rented and reused.
What was the country and what was the wood product I'm speaking of?
Re: Covering for Sgt. Dan
I'm going to guess England and oak.
Re: Covering for Sgt. Dan
I seem to be too busy coughin' to answer properly
Fred
Under clear skies in Eastern Missouri
Re: Covering for Sgt. Dan
Fredrick got the wood product correct, it took me a while to catch his drift, : ' >. What county is still up for grabs...Dale
Re: Covering for Sgt. Dan
I'd guess oak was one of the species used used for the wood product, I'm speaking of.
Re: Covering for Sgt. Dan
Norway.
Re: Covering for Sgt. Dan
At the end of the movie Amadeus, the remains of Mozart are transported to the cemetery and at the end of the service, the body is tipped out of the casket into a common grave. Mozart died a pauper and his casket was probably a charity "loaner." All this occurred in Austria.
(There is also a report that on the way to the cemetery, a rainstorm broke out. The mourners ducked into a nearby tavern to wait out the storm, leaving the body and casket out in the street. When they returned, the body and coffin were both missing. Just gives credence to the story that no one knows where he is buried. Coincidentally, while I was writing this, they were playing Mozart on the radio station I was listening to.)
Fred
Still clear in Eastern Missouri
Re: I think it's time I bail out...
with the answer. I know when someone knows more about something than I do. As is the case here with Frederick, excellent job. I saved the site where I found the trivia question but cannot find it now, duh, : ' >. The county was France and coffins was the product back in the 1300's. Makes perfect sense to me if France was having this "wood problem" most of civilized Europe was also(?).
Thanks to all that played. Dale