I am part of a group that builds ramps for individuals who are challenged leaving or entering their homes. This is a church sponsored group that has installed over 900 ramps at no cost to the property owner. They have an annual fund raiser which is coming up November 1. I've donated wood items in the past. This year I decided to make a Tea Caddy for their auction. I decided to use curly maple for the box and had to purchase almost 10 feet to get the curly wood I wanted. Since I had enough wood to make two so, I did. One will go to the fund raiser and the second will also be donated.
Here are the finished boxes.

The divider is removable. The finish is several coats of clear semi-gloss lacquer. The two tone lid changes bright to dark if you rotate it 180 degrees.
Thanks for looking
Tea Caddy for charity
Posts
Re: Tea Caddy for charity
#2Nicely done, Lee. Hope it pulls a good price for the cause.