Site will be offline several hours on 8 Oct 2026

WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Christmas Ornaments

Posts

Christmas Ornaments

#1

George Balock

Christmas Ornaments

George Balock

Here are a couple of ornaments that I recently finished. The one on the left has a maple burl body with African Blackwood caps and finial. The one on the right has a spalted maple body, hard maple caps and a pink ivory finial. On both of them, the caps and finials have had a trip to the rose engine.

Re: Christmas Ornaments

#2

Sweet.  Love.the one on the left.

John lucas


Re: Christmas Ornaments

#3

George Balock

Re: Sweet.  Love.the one on the left.

George Balock

Thanks John. That one was gifted to my wife.

Re: Christmas Ornaments

#4

Bob Moffett

Re: Christmas Ornaments

Bob Moffett

I like the one on the left best. The burl pattern is really nice and I really like the finial. Ornaments are one of the things that I love to turn.

Re: Christmas Ornaments

#5

Outstanding!


Re: Christmas Ornaments

#6

Keith Tompkins

Re: Christmas Ornaments

Keith Tompkins

Hi George...nicely done!!!!

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.