WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

Posts

Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#1

Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

john lucas

OK this is off topic but watch this video at the 3 minute mark. I"ve never seen anything like this. To bad America's got Talent didn't exist back then.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1J3NLNWAPU

Re: Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#2

Joe Fleming

Re: Unbelievably flexible

Joe Fleming

Wow. And most freaky.

Re: Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#3

Think of the strength needed.


Re: Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#4

Strained my back

Clifton C

Strained my back just watching...

Where's the heating pad and ibuprofen?

Re: Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#5

Re: Think of the strength needed.

john lucas

That's what occured to me. Just as much as being that flexible. It required some phenomenal leg muscles to pull that off. I think I did some of those move when I was working under the dash of my car trying to fix a break sensor switch.

Re: Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#6

The good ol' days

John K Jordan

It was only 3 or 4 years ago when I could sit cross-legged on the floor and push up with only my legs to stand upright. These days I almost need help getting up. Makes me wonder how I'll get around 10 years from now!

I saw that potato salad number years ago and was impressed. How old are those girls, maybe 15-16? When I was in high school there was one girl who had flexibility like that and performed on the stage during talent shows and such, gymnast routines. I suspect she can't do it now!

JKJ

Re: Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#7

Re: The good ol' days

John C Lucas

Back in the 60s I was in a really good band. We got beat out in a talent contest by a female contortionist. Yea back in the day i did 1 legged squats. Now i have to roll o er on my hands and knees to get up.

Re: Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#8

Re: The good ol' days

Roger

I used to hit the ground running in the morning. Now the ground is already running and its all I can do to hold on!

Re: Unbelievably flexible *LINK*

#9

Mike Stafford

I broke something....

Mike Stafford

just watching the video.

I'm pretty sure I was never that flexible.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.