Site will be offline several hours on 8 Oct 2026

WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Grex air brush compressor

Posts

Grex air brush compressor

#1

Grex air brush compressor

john lucas

I just got a Grex Airbrush compressor for my airbrush. My big compressor is still down so I wondered if this little guy would handle my Harbour Frieght touch up gun that I use to spray lacquer on smaller pieces. I cranked the power up to 35PSI and it works perfectly. It does have to power up each time I pull the trigger but it seems to keep up. I didn't see the pressure drop at all. I had to do some jury rigging to make all the fittings work but nothing spectacular. I don't have a spray booth so I spray out the door. Seemed to work fine.


Re: Grex air brush compressor

#2

Re: Grex air brush compressor

John K Jordan

That's nice to know it what it will handle. I'm still saving my dollars for one.

If you want to borrow a little larger compressor for a while I've got that pancake compressor I got at the club auction a few months ago. I pumped it up and it's been sitting since - has not dropped one psi on the gauge! I tried running a 3" ROS from it and it worked ok at slower speeds.

JKJ

Re: Grex air brush compressor

#3

Julian

Re: Grex air brush compressor

Julian

How much noise does that little compressor make? My small pancake compressor is very loud.

Re: Grex air brush compressor

#4

Re: Grex air brush compressor

John C Lucas

Almost none. It only runs when it need air. When you pull the trigger on your sprayer it runs and shuts off almost immediately when you let go. It doesnt have a tank to.fill like your pancake. Just for interest i tried to run some tools.that use lots more air and they wont run. Its kind of expensive just for this use but since i use it to run an air rush its kind of nice to get dual.usage.

Re: Grex air brush compressor

#5

Re: Grex air brush compressor

Barry Irby

Wonder if you could put a tank in-line with it and use it for other tasks?

Re: Grex air brush compressor

#6

Re: Grex air brush compressor

John C Lucas

I would be afraid to.do.that. i dont think its designed to run continuosly. It turns on and off frequently when you air brush but grts frequent breaks when you change colors. However it is designed to.work all day for production air brush professionals so maybe it would work.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.