WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Ambient air cleaner

Posts

Ambient air cleaner

#1

Ambient air cleaner

bill tucker

When all else fails, check with this group. Reading past comments, the JDS Air -Tech 750 ER seemed to be one of the better ambient air cleaners used by members. Where can you get a price/buy one?? None of my normal sources seem to carry them....or is there a better system (cost effective) out there? Thanks for the help and input.

bill

Re: Ambient air cleaner

#2

Re: Ambient air cleaner

David Walser

I went to the JDS website and it appears that they no longer make the cleaner. They are still stocking replacement filters for it. As for alternatives, there are several good ones. I don't have a recommendation for you.

Re: Ambient air cleaner

#3

Joe Fleming

Re: Ambient air cleaner

Joe Fleming

I have the JET 1000 CFM, 3-speed cleaner. I've had it for 15 or 16 years and it is on every time I'm in the shop. I love it.

Re: Ambient air cleaner

#4

Thanks Joe - any other suggestions?


Re: Ambient air cleaner

#5

Re: Thanks Joe - any other suggestions?

John Stegall

2nd what Joe said and a friend has the Powermatic and he is quite pleased

Re: Ambient air cleaner

#6

Inexpensive alternative

Jack Savona

Buy a box fan or pick one up at a yard sale, Goodwill, etc.

Go to Amazon and look for a MERV RATED Electrostatic Washable Permanent Furnace A/C Air Filter. Prices range from the $20-40's. I bought one at a box store years ago with a .3 micron rating for under $30.

Tape the filter to fan's frame on the inlet side. You could even put a cheap 99 cent filter on the fan exhaust side just taped (held in place) on the top to direct the air down.

I use one at my lathe instead of my dust collector. Three speeds, much quieter, and VERY effective.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.