SCHEDULED SERVER MAINTENANCE
The server may be intermittently unavailable over the next 48 hours while major upgrades are performed.

WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

Posts

***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

#1

Ellis Walentine

***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

Ellis Walentine

Hi Folks,

Please welcome our newest advertiser, Harvey Tools, a quality manufacturer of innovative woodworking machinery. Today they're rolling out two superb new machines: the revolutionary Gyro Air Dust Processor and the Turbo T40 Benchtop Wood Lathe and offering great introductory discounts during their Fall Promotion!

Check 'em out!

Ellis Walentine, Host




Welcome Harvey Tools!

Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

#2

Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS***

john lucas

That's an interesting lathe. A little steep in price. I would also worry about how fast that thing stops. I had a chuck come loose on my mini lathe the other day when I reached up to stop the lathe with the handwheel. I did stop it pretty quickly but it probably wasn't a sort of controlled stop like that lathe. I did notice they had set screws on the faceplate.

Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

#3

Jim Barbour

Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS***

Jim Barbour

Interesting dust collection approach. Is this the first one to use artificial G-force to pull out the dust, or have I just missed it? This is one case where More actually is Better - one G separates pretty well in a traditional unit, multiple G will separate better in this one - or so it seems to me. A welcome addition to the universe of turning/shop accouterments available.

And, as someone commented in a different post - all REAL tools are three-phase! :b

Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

#4

All real tools are 3 phase ?

AZ in Colorado Springs

Why don't you post that on the hand tool forum and see what kind of response you get?

Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

#5

Made me think of my chip carving knives


Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

#7

Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS***

Brent English

We recently installed one of the Gyro Air dust collectors in our shop for metal work, and we like it. Very quiet for a dust collector. Just 2HP but seems to be just as powerful as the older 3HP Torit commercial unit it replaced. Personally, I think it's worth the money just for the noise reduction. You won't have to build a special room to put it in.

Re: ***NEW SPONSOR :: HARVEY TOOLS*** *LINK*

#8

This hi tech dust collector appears......

JamieDonaldson

.....to be a recumbent cyclone in design. At the prices of the lathe and DC I don't see any real sizeable market for individuals, especially the lathe. ;)

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.