SCHEDULED SERVER MAINTENANCE
The server may be intermittently unavailable over the next 48 hours while major upgrades are performed.

WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Finally someone who uses a gouge *LINK*

Posts

Finally someone who uses a gouge *LINK*

#1

Finally someone who uses a gouge *LINK*

john lucas

I like to watch turning videos. So many of them now use scrapers only. It's nice to see someone actually use a cutting tool. I'm a little leary of the use of expansion mode especially when he started turning the bottom even thinner but it obviously held. Over all a pretty good video with safe techniques and good cutting.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuA-67det6E

Re: Finally someone who uses a gouge *LINK*

#2

Dennis in Southern Oregon

Re: Finally someone who uses a gouge

Dennis in Southern Oregon

He did a surprising amount of uphill cutting.

Re: Finally someone who uses a gouge *LINK*

#3

Re: Finally someone who uses a gouge

John K Jordan

I ran in to a customer at WoodCraft the other day who actually uses a skew. I gave him a high-five.

An hatchet is an important tool in my shop too. I keep it hanging on the wall by the bandsaw.

JKJ

Re: Finally someone who uses a gouge *LINK*

#4

Lyle Jamieson

Re: Finally someone who uses a gouge

lyle Jamieson

That's why he started with 80 grit

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.