WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 28 years of woodworking knowledge

Its a Stubby gloat

Posts

Its a Stubby gloat

#1

Its a Stubby gloat

Terry Quiram

>This is the Stubby I purchased from Gary Hern. Gary even threw in a vaccum, boring bar back rest and a home made Jamieson stabilizing handle. Gary, it took me 3 hours to set it up!!! I turned a top just to say I used it, but I have a flat work job that must be finished soon and I know if I mount a bowl blank...... Maybe next week end. I can tell you now that I am really going to like this machine.

Terry


img

Re: Its a Stubby gloat

#2

Re: Its a Stubby gloat

Dave Peebles Lyons, Ohio!

>Hi Terry,

While I am thrilled for you, I am kind of bummed out for Gary. But at least it went to a good home. :) I hope you get lots of time on it. It is a great machine.

By the way... what the heck is flat work? :)

Congrats,

Dave

Re: Its a Stubby gloat

#3

Me Too.

Barbara Gill, Remlik Virginia

>I also am happy for you Terry but feel about Gary the same as Dave. I was there at Phil Wall's home when Gary put the lathe together the first time.

Re: Its a Stubby gloat

#4

How are you going to do scroll sawing on that?

Ray Johnson

>

Re: Its a Stubby gloat

#5

Re: Its a Stubby gloat

keith zimmerman, Normal IL

>Congrats Terry,

Can't wait to see how you fit this into your shop...and to see what you turn in it.

keithz

Re: Its a Stubby gloat

#6

Re: How are you going to do scroll sawing on that?

Terry Quiram

>Ray

I haven't done much scrolling in the past year. The lathe is way too much fun. I think my Eclispe is jealous.

Terry

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.