WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 28 years of woodworking knowledge

Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

Posts

Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#1

Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

Barbara Gill, Remlik Virginia

>I was able to communicate with Kim this morning. I was greatly relieved to find out the salesman did not give me the information as she gave it to him. I was suspicious, especially after thinking about what Russ said. In any event, even if I don't get my lathe as soon as I expected I am still confident that Oneway is a very reputable company run by people who care and give great service. My new lathe probably won't be here around the first of April but if production goes as expected it will be here before May.

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#2

Richard Allen

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

Richard Allen

>Hi Barbara

It is a long wait, but 6 months after you get the lathe it will feel like you have always had it. And you will smile everytime you see the lathe. Heck I'm smileing right now and I am just thinking about my lathe.

Thanks

Richard

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#3

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

-e-

>Good to hear about your contact with O/W. I've always had such a good experience with them.

Just wish they weren't located in such a cold place cause I'd love to see their production facilities (burrrrr just thinking about a visit-sunny here & expected in 70's today!)

e

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#4

Me Too!

John McAtee - Shrewsbury, MA

>Barbara, Oneway's given me the best customer service of any vendor I've ever dealt with and their products, especially lathes, do make you very happy. BTW, my local tool dealer told me his (big tool name) rep said there was no way he can compete with Oneway because their lathes and service were the best.

Hope you post pics for us when it arrives. It should be worth the wait. My 2036 certainly was.

John (johnsturn.com)

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#5

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

Gary Evans

>Hi Barbara,

Don't forget that Terry D. is going to have a VB set up at Southern States. He probably wouldn't mind you doing your platters while you're there. 8^]

GE

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#6

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

Barbara Gill, Remlik Virginia

>Thanks Gary. Somehow I don't see me turning with an audience. :-)

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#7

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

n2wood

>Barb

A month after you do get it you'll think that you could never do with out it. And the time will go by a lot faster after you get it (believe me I know). I don't even want to take the time to stop and clean mine off between turnings even though all it takes is a little brushing off it's the floor that needs the cleaning. Let me know how you like it after you get it.....

Dean

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#8

Paul Porter

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me! *LINK*

Paul Porter

>It took 12 weeks to get my 2436. Now, that seems like yesterday. It's so nice to put a piece of wood on the lathe and not have to fight the vibration, wableing or stoping because I took to large a cut.

Have fun,

Paul


http://paulporterwoodturning.home.mindspring.com

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

#9

Re: Oneway is Still #1 With Me!

Scott Greaves, Blackfoot Idaho

>Hi Barbara,

I'm glad that Kim was able to reassure you! I thought she would.

Scott.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.