SCHEDULED SERVER MAINTENANCE
The server may be intermittently unavailable over the next 48 hours while major upgrades are performed.

WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

I'll take the blue handle please.

Posts

I'll take the blue handle please.

#1

I'll take the blue handle please.

Dave Smith

>A few days ago I posted a question about finding a supplier for Glaser tools on the west coast. Well Jerry Glaser saw my post and emailed me. After a couple of emails I decided to get a 5/8" bowl gouge made with the hard as diamonds V-15 steel. Since other people color coordinate accessories with their lathe I figured I would too. I think the blue handle will look good with my old Jet 1236.

Dave Smith

Singing a happy blues song in Longview, WA.

Re: I'll take the blue handle please.

#2

Wrong color, now I have to buy a black lathe.

Dave Smith

>

Re: I'll take the blue handle please.

#3

Joe Fleming

Re: Wrong color, now I have to buy a black lathe.

Joe Fleming

>Time for a Stubby lathe. They are no longer black, but a steel-gray.

Re: I'll take the blue handle please.

#4

You've made a great choice!

Dominic Greco in warming Richboro PA

>Dave,

After using that gouge for a while, I believe you'll come to find that you've made a great choice. I use my Glaser gouges almost exclusively now.

I also have the A-11 5/8" Deep Bowl Gouge. One of the nice things about it is the handle's ability to resist imparting vibration to your hands. This works well when shear scraping.

See ya around,

Dominic

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.