SCHEDULED SERVER MAINTENANCE
The server may be intermittently unavailable over the next 48 hours while major upgrades are performed.

WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Side /end grain blue's Sorry

Posts

Side /end grain blue's Sorry

#1

Side /end grain blue's Sorry

JHD in NC

>I must be turning side grain. Thanks for clearing that mess up. I do cut from small to big. I get a nice smooth cut on the outside top side of the end of the grain and the tareout on the bottom of the end of the grain. It's like it tares it out, then as it passes the center axes(sp)of the bowl it cuts very smooth. I am going to start a new tread at the top as well as this post. Thanks every one for the tips. John in NC

I guess since I am a fairly good spindle turner I can turn bowl that way but what about pith cracks. I should be able to get a good size one from the maple with out the pith and try it this weekend. Thanks agian. John on NC

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.