WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 28 years of woodworking knowledge

Terry Daniels and VB

Posts

Terry Daniels and VB

#1

Terry Daniels and VB

David Galloway

>I took a half-day lesson from Terry Daniels yesterday at his North Georgia mountain shop. I told him I wanted him to show me how he does bowls...and he did just that. I have never seen anyone move more wood faster, particularly without one catch. What seems to be an aggressive style is actually very safe and controlled. The key is the angle of attack on the bowl with his gouge. This is made possible by the lower position of the tool rest that is available on the VB. Terry taught me a new way to turn bowls and I am thrilled to add his cut to my arsenal. If you are at all near the North Georgia area, a trip for a lesson at Terry's will be well worthwhile. He is also a great guy who shares much of his wisdom on woodturning, and other things should you desire it. Also I can't say enough about the VB Bowl lathe. It is not good for me to covet my neighbor's lathe, especially in Lent! Thanks Terry for a great lesson.

David Galloway

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

#2

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

John Lucas

>Alright, you gotta tell us how much Terry paid you. Seriously tho he does a good job but I'm sure the VB has something to do with it. Hopefully he will be at the Southern States Symposium again. Then more people can watch him turn.

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

#3

Thanks Guys, but....

TDaniel

>you still can't have my spalted, quilted, ambrosia burl maple.

I plan to have a VB running at the SSS the last of April. If anyone wants to take it for a test drive that will be fine.

Terry

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

#4

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

RevDoug

>I guess I should know, but what are the particulars of the SSS?

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

#5

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

TDaniel

>SSS = Southern States Symposium in Gainesville, GA the last week-end of April. This is a very good symposium with lots of vendors and rotations. It is one hour north of Atlanta.

TD

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

#6

Re: Terry Daniels and VB

RevDoug

>thanx.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.