Upholstery tack gun question
Barry Irby
I was told you can buy a nail gun that shoots upholstery tacks. The decorative ones with the domed brass heads. Is this true? Where would one get such a thing?
Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge
Upholstery tack gun question
Barry Irby
I was told you can buy a nail gun that shoots upholstery tacks. The decorative ones with the domed brass heads. Is this true? Where would one get such a thing?
Re: Upholstery tack gun question
Mark Nowicki
Google search term: "Upholstery tack gun"
Search "Images"
When you see one that interests you click on that image and then click "visit"
Random result:
https://www.nailgundepot.com/uffy-thtdeco1-decorative-upholstery-nailer-details.html
Re: Upholstery tack gun question
Barry Irby
Thanks, That is what I was looking for, but the price is out of reach. Mostly wanted to know if such a thing existed. The reviews were terrible. One of them mentioned it does not do well with hard wood. I have the same problem driving them by hand. Those round head tacks are very uncooperative. I chase them around.
Re: Upholstery tack gun question
walta
You may want to get a drill bit set like this one and select a bit just a little smaller than the tack and per drill the hole.
https://www.harborfreight.com/titanium-m2-high-speed-steel-drill-bit-set-115-pc-61543.html
Walta