WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Fein is fine!

Posts

Fein is fine!

#1

Fein is fine!

Tom Dunlap

Last winter I took notice of the versatility of the multitool. That lead to some research. None seemed to perform head and shoulders above another sonthe next step was price

For years I've read the adoring posts about Fein quality. Matched with price.

Onto Offerup...a CL type sellers webpage.

A week later I bought an FMM350Q for less than half price.

Wow...sooooo handy on my camper build

This morning I was nibbling some wood and the power was flickering. Ahhh...cord cracked at the stress reliever

Finished up what I was working on and did a full tool put away for the next part

Replacing cords can be a challenge. Not this one! From matching up the Todd driver to putting the repair tools away was less

Than ten minutes. The Fein engineers made this fix it about as easy as it could ever be

Once again, the Dad-repeated adage of 'Quaulity pays for itself!'

Tom

Re: Fein is fine!

#2

Ellis Walentine

Thanks for the testimonial

Ellis Walentine

The Fein Multi-Tool definitely gets high marks in every test and review I've seen. Another less-well-known measure of quality is the expected working life of the tool. Without naming names, I once learned that one brand of tool was only designed for a working life of a couple hundred hours, if that, while top-notch brands are designed for the long haul. You're right, it's axiomatic: you get what you pay for, and quality pays for itself.

Ellis

Re: Fein is fine!

#3

Re: Fein is fine!

Joe shelton

Agree emphatically. Mine has gotten me through (and out of) some tricky problems, and has worked so well I bought a vacuum. It is of the same quality level.

Re: Fein is fine!

#4

Re: Thanks for the testimonial

William Duffield

One clear indication of the quality and longevity of the multitool is to check the temperature of the gear head after running it for a while. The Fein MultiMaster is still cool. All the others I have used will come close to burning your fingers.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.