WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

A discussion of panel clamps

Posts

Re: A discussion of panel clamps

#26

Re: Waxed paper

Barry Irby

Another "trick" is to cut lengths of plastic pipe and slit it so it will fit over the iron pipe and install it between the iron and the wood.

Re: A discussion of panel clamps

#27

Paper products in the shop

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

I keep a roll of wax paper, paper towels, aluminum foil, a stack of newspaper, a roll of unlayment paper for floors (orange stuff) in the shop. These all find application for protection and clean-up.

Re: A discussion of panel clamps

#29

I just bought a dozen.....

Barry Irby

From the Harry J Epstein company for about $25 each. 6 @ 24" and 6 @ 36".

I'm glad to see those prices in your post. I was not sure the place I found was Legit. Was going to post the results after I see the clamps.

I'm having buyers remorse thinking I should have ordered some longer ones.

Hope I'm as happy with mine as Bill is with his.

Re: A discussion of panel clamps

#30

Re: Paper products in the shop

Jesse Cloud

What do you use the aluminum foil and the underlayment material for?

Re: A discussion of panel clamps

#31

Re: Paper products in the shop

AZ in Colorado Springs

I keep a couple of lid phone books in my shop. When I need to spray adhesive on a pattern for scroll sawing or band sawing, I just open the phone book and lay the pattern on it. After spraying adhesive, tear out and discard the two facing pages and close the phone book. Good to go for next time. (One big phone book will last a looong time.

Re: A discussion of panel clamps

#32

Kneale Brownson

Re: Paper products in the shop

Kneale Brownson

Don't know about the latter, but I put a puddle of glue on aluminum foil for easy dipping of the brush.

Re: A discussion of panel clamps

#33

answers

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

The roll of redish underlayment paper makes a quick, cheap bench ( or saw or whatever) "table cloth" cover when protection is needed and it doubles as drawing paper when a large object is being drawn to scale.

I can't think of all the things I used the aluminum foil for. I recall wrapping things to keep glue from sticking.

Re: A discussion of panel clamps

#34

The red paper is....

Barry Irby

called Red Rosin Paper. I have used it under hardwood flooring as an infiltration barrier. I have a roll of it left over from back in the day and I use it the same way Bill does. The Rosin part of the name gave me a bit of a pause, thinking it might be sticky,k but it's not. It's about 30" wide. Makes a great temporary cover.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.