WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

I also got the black backgound here in Chrome

Posts

Re: I also got the black backgound here in Chrome

#26

Interesting...

Tony - Memphis

If you Google Chrome black background, I see issues going back several years. Mine just started a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure about Chrome upgrades - it may very well have performed an upgrade without me knowing. I tend to set everything to auto upgrade these days so i don't have to worry about it. I work for a large corp. that DIDN"T upgrade W7 automatically and, well, WannaCry took us out for a few days! Oops!

Re: I also got the black backgound here in Chrome

#27

Re: No problem here.... (under Linux)

Denis Chenard in Ottawa

Mint 18.2, no problems either.

Chromebook works fine too.

DC

Re: I also got the black backgound here in Chrome

#28

Re: No problem here.... (under Linux)

Frank House

Linux Mint KDE 18.3 Chromium (i.e. the open-source version) 64.0.3282.140.16.04.1, "use hardware acceleration .." enabled.

Main pages white(ish) background with that and Firefox.

This reply sent from Firefox, editing area black background with white text, it usually is the other way around.

Just started to do the same in Chromium, white background, black text in editing area, which is what I usually see.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.