WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Over thinking feather board question?

Posts

Over thinking feather board question?

#1

Over thinking feather board question?

Barry Irby

I stumbled into YouTube Videos on making featherboards. I have lots of hardwood strips down to less than and 1/8". I was thinking about throwing them away. It occurred to my packrat brain I could laminate them into featherboards. Does this sound so cheap as to be stupid?

Re: Over thinking feather board question?

#2

Re: Over thinking feather board question?

roger lance

Hey.....you're the designer and maker here. What do you give a damn what someone else thinks about whether your idea is stupid or not?

Make a few and see how they work.

Now that's a lesson for the designing/making book.

Re: Over thinking feather board question?

#3

Re: Over thinking feather board question?

Bob Lang

Do you have a bandsaw? What is your time worth? Making a featherboard shouldn't take longer than a few minutes. How long will it take you to glue up all those little pieces?

Bob Lang

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.