WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Curious outage today

Posts

Curious outage today

#1

Ellis Walentine

Curious outage today

Ellis Walentine

I'm still talking to our server team to see what caused an outage here (and on our sister site, Woodfinder.com) today. Seems like they've corrected the immediate issue, but I've learned to expect the unexpected in this realm.

Sorry for anyone's inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to send me an email if you ever

Ellis Walentine, host

Re: Curious outage today

#2

If you ever...What? You OK Ellis???

Barry Irby

I did experience the outage. I tried to figure out how to send you an e-mail but did not have Your address and could not get enough access tot eh site to find it. thanks for fixing it and for all you do.

Re: Curious outage today

#3

Re: Curious outage today

roger lance

We also had a curious power outage in Western Michigan last night from 12:08 am to about 9:30 am.....

Coincidence???......maybe.....

Re: Curious outage today

#4

Re: If you ever...What? You OK Ellis???

John K Jordan



>>>I did experience the outage. I tried to figure out how to send you an e-mail but did not have Your address and could not get enough access tot eh site to find it.


When I noticed it the Home page was still there but lots of other pages were blank. I got to the home page by editing the url in the browser to "www.woodcentral.com". If that ever happens again and you can get to the home page, the "Contact Us" link will allow you to send an email.

JKJ

Re: Curious outage today

#5

I tried that.....

Barry Irby

I got to the Home page, but everything I tried form there took me to some advertising page that seemed to have stolen the address.

However, In my fit of frustration, I did not try Contact Us. I can't remember if it was there. I'm glad it's fixed and did not require my nonexistent internet skills.

Re: Curious outage today

#6

Ellis Walentine

Intuitive email...

Ellis Walentine

ellis@woodcentral.com

Re: Curious outage today

#7

Re: Intuitive email...

Barry Irby

You mean like BarryIrby@GMail.Com? Yours is even better unless Wood Central has been hacked and hijacked.

Apparently the outage was different for different people. From my end it looked like somebody had hijacked the site. There was a flash on the screen about "this site was registered today". I tried it four or five different times in what I thought were different ways, but gave up for fear I was in alien territory. It kept going to a site that offered to sell me Tools and Supplies and whatever. I almost bought one of the METRIC adjustable wrenches. Afraid I have been left behind. Buggy whip anyone? Gotta go, the wall phone is ringing.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.