WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

2 Oct 2017

Good Morning Everyone,

Been a very busy week at the day job and oncall wasn't too bad. Got a little shop time this weekend and that meant a bit more progress on the king size bed frame construction. I also found out last week that I have very severe sleep apnea. They said I have an average of 64 events every hour of sleep as well as my blood oxygen level getting below 68% while sleeping. I told them that I was exhausted every morning when I woke up and they said that it wasn't hard to see why I was tired all the time. CPAP appears to be in my very near future to see if that will help improve my sleep and my general health.

If you have experiencing any rain? Please send some my way. We truly need some rain!!

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all!

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Jerry Gibbs

Learned not to put 18ga brads in a 16 ga nailer.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#3

Fencing

John K Jordan

Yikes, here's to best wishes the CPAP will do the trick. I know several people who use that and it worked wonders for them.

I am celebrating!! After weeks of effort I finally finished rebuilding the fence around the horse pasture!

A girl who works with the horses here has been teaching the big gelding Cole and the mare Sienna to jump.


Then Cole decided he should practice on the pasture fence. I put the horses on a dry lot while I ripped out the fence and built a taller one - . The fence is done! If you have never experienced the joy of fencing even a simple fence is a lot of work - this one is nearly 2000 ft of electric fence, wooden posts at key points, 175 metal posts pounded into the ground by hand, three gates, a trench dug to span each gate with undergound cable, three strands on the fence: conductive rope and tape and solid wire in some places for strength.


I like to use the white tape since one horse is blind and MAYBE he can see light/dark - and if he runs into it maybe he won't get hurt too much. (The tape looks twisted since it is - the twist keeps it from fluttering in the wind and wearing out prematurely.)



So nice to get it done. Now I have no excuse for slacking and can get back to work!

JKJ

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#4

Re: Fencing

roger lance

Wow!!.....your place looks great.....that was a lot of work and not easy work either.....congratulations on getting all of that done.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#5

Re: Fencing

John K Jordan

Thanks, it was all grown up entropy was taking some of it down, took years of work!

Coming through East TN some day, stop by and take a llama for a walk, get stepped on by a horse, get stung by a honeybee, play in the shop!

JKJ

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.