WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Hello

Posts

Hello

#1

Hello

H.C. Sakman (Chico)

Long time no see....Just saying hello to you all.

Chico

Re: Hello

#3

Re: Hello

H.C. Sakman (Chico)

Hi Derek,

No, no, I never worked for Lee Valley other than doing some joinery seminars/courses. I have been busy with divorce, selling house, marrying a new lady, buying a new house, moving and building a new shop etc... basically very busy with life and work, just got better and level now. Still doing cabinets/furniture/doors etc...

Chico

Re: Hello

#4

Re: Hello

Joe shelton

Glad to see you around again, Chico.

Re: Hello

#5

Re: Hello

Steve jenkins

Hi Chico

Glad you're still at it. I miss Sophie's get-togethers.

Re: Hello

#6

Welcome back

Lee Schierer - McKean, PA

Glad you're back to woodworking. What new creations do you have to share with us?

Lee

Re: Hello

#7

Where have you been?

Mike Farinella

I miss your beautiful work. Welcome back Chico.

Re: Hello

#8

All The Best

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

with the Re-start! :D

So hammer down, and let's see some pictures of new stuff.

[welcome back ;) ]

Re: Hello

#9

Hey Chico

Thomas Skaggs, Foothills of Mount Level

Chico,

Glad you are getting back into the shop. Have you finished all the apartment renovations/construction? Hope all is well on Chico's Island.

T.

Re: Hello

#10

Re: Hello

Gerry in North Surrey

Yes indeed, Welcome Back! I, too, miss those BBQ's at Sophie's.

Gerry, who could use a good feed of salmon and oysters.

Re: Hello

#11

Re: Hello

Johanna Johanson

Nice to hear from you, Chico!

Re: Hello

#12

Ellis Walentine

Re: Hello

Ellis Walentine

Long time no see, Chico. Don't be a stranger!

Ellis

Re: Hello

#13

Re: Happy to see you back!

Larry Clinton At Frankfort, (Central) Indiana

Sounds like you have had a lot of turmoil in your life, hope its all settled out now. Looking forward to seeing some of your new projects.

Re: Hello

#14

Re: Hello

Lynn Baker

Welcome back Chico! Along with the rest, I think it's been too long.

I miss the Salmon BBQ, Oysters, and the Sophie's gatherings too.

I hope you still produce the excellent design and craftsmanship we are used to seeing.

Be safe and don't be a stranger.

Lynn Baker, still in Glacier

Re: Hello

#15

Thank You ALL

H.C. Sakman (Chico)

I sure have missed all things were mentioned by my friends here as well. Thank you very much and yes, I will be around.

Chico

Re: Hello

#16

Great to hear from you Chico

Howard in Toronto

Congratulations on the courage to make all the changes you saw you needed to make in your life. Better to take some types of risk than live with inertia. Howard

Re: Hello

#17

Re: Great to hear from you Chico

H.C. Sakman (Chico)

No kidding... Thanks Howard.

Chico

Re: Hello

#18

Re: Hello

Rob Sandow

Sounds similar to what I went through 10 years ago. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to the "new shop" part. All the gear is there, just not the space and power.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.