WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

26 Jun 2017

Good Morning Everyone,

It's been a decent weekend for me and I started my oncall duty this morning. I went Saturday morning and helped a buddy of mine setup and move bees to a new set of hive boxes. This was my first time to work with bees this close and personal. I really had a great time doing this and loved seeing how all the bees get things done. I really learned a lot about bees and bee hives. Very cool stuff!!!! The LOML and I are not reworking all the webbing and springs on the antique chair rework/re-upholstery project. My hope is that it will be done next week and we can move on to something easier. Had a colonoscopy on Friday and got really good news from the results....no more possible cancer cells and a reported healthy colon. I was happy about that!!!! Church on Sunday and back to the gym Sunday evening.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

roger lance

I reworked half of the back wall tool storage behind my bench and got my LV dovetail and carcass saws hung for better access. I also managed to pretty up my shop made marking gauges.

I had to change computers recently and have temporarily lost the ability to post pictures. But if some kind soul with an email address would volunteer to post them here, I think I can send pics to you via email.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#3

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

John K Jordan

I had a large group of small kids at the church for an extended 2-part lesson with carnival games between. Probably 70 there - my biggest ever!

My internet connection quit working this weekend and hours on the phone with comcast couldn't resolve the problem. Substituting a new cable modem fixed things. I had more time to work in the garden.

Finished one of these from Cocobolo, Ebony, and brass.

For the person who doesn't know what it is, good for you! :)


Retired for over 10 years, it's hard to remember which days are weekend! If it wasn't for Sunday being special I'd be clueless. (Even more than usual...)

JKJ

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#4

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

You haven't temporarily lost your ability to post pictures, you have permanently lost it until you reenter your profile.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#5

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

roger lance

No, my profile is still there.

What happened was my old Mac broke down in January. I had to replace it and the new Mac has been "improved" and I can't set myself up with photos like I use too which was real convenient.

Now, I have to find someplace on-line where I can send/store photos which can then have an internet address that this site will recognize/accept.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#6

Roger Lance photos & text

John K Jordan

I reworked half of the back wall tool storage behind my bench and got my LV dovetail and carcass saws hung for better access. I also managed to pretty up my shop made marking gauges.

I had to change computers recently and have temporarily lost the ability to post pictures.

Roger, here are your photos, at least we'll see if they post OK for me! JKJ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(with Roger's text)

... a reworking of my tool wall above my bench with some different tools than before…..The New Concepts fret saw and LV spoke shaves and LV saws…..


The keeper/retainer bar is held on by magnets….


and I wish to thank TomD for the idea on this method of hanging saws.

Derek Cohen helped me when I made my marking gauges and I finally fancied them up with a contrasting wood….


Roger

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.