WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Planer and Jointer Blades

Posts

Planer and Jointer Blades

#1

Planer and Jointer Blades

Jack Prescott

I have a 6" Grizzly Jointer and a 13" Delta Planer and am looking for replacement blades of good quality at a reasonable price. My searches have yielded replacements at ridiculous prices and some more reasonable prices. Does anyone have recommendations for reasonable prices and quality?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Planer and Jointer Blades

#2

Re: Planer and Jointer Blades

Bruce, a MN Galoot

I had exactly th same problem with Dewalt planer blades, miserable quality and sky-high prices. They wouldn’t even talk to me about them. Jesse Cloud on this forum recommended I try planer blades from Holbren. I’ve been very satisfied with them: better prices and longevity. I don’t know if they have blades for a Grizzly, though.

I’m fairly certain Bill Tindall will be along to recommend a company he uses, but I can’t remember that name.

Re: Planer and Jointer Blades

#3

Re: Planer and Jointer Blades

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

Misenheimer, Mossistown, TN or any full service saw shop. A saw shop will cut them from long stock lengths. I buy the Wisconsin particle steel M2 blades which are considered as good as they get.

Re: Planer and Jointer Blades

#4

Re: Planer and Jointer Blades

Dave's Not Here

It's pretty hard to beat Holbrens when it come to price and quality. Oh, and there service is great also.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.