WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

Posts

Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

#1

Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

Barry Irby

On Facebook I get an endless number of ads for various wood working related things form vendors I never heard of. Maybe it's Milwaukee battery powered tools or some other brand.

When I Google the names I don't get much. What is going on? Are these companies legit? There must be a dozen of them.

Re: Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

#2

Re: Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

Don Evans

The example you used Milwaukee has been around for years and years. They are excellent quality build tools like, hand drills, saws etc.

The only problem I ever had with them was there cost as they were expensive to me in my early years and back then I just could not afford them due to the fact that I didn't use them to make a living.

They were colored silver (grey) and red. Heavy duty long lasting tools.

Any other examples?

Dpn

Re: Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

#3

Re: Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

Larry Clinton At Frankfort, (Central) Indiana

As far as I have found, most are legitimate. Some may be working out of their home with very little overhead and have great prices. Others may be small businesses that are just adding another sales avenue. I have purchased from some due to the price (Items I already knew well) and have never had any issues! In most cases I have used Paypal for payment.

Re: Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

#4

Re: Question about Web/Internet Vendors?

John McGaw

I think the question was specifically about the validity/honesty of the unknown sellers, not of the quality of any given tool brand.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.