WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

What are these (similar)called and where to find?

Posts

What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#1

What are these (similar)called and where to find?

Gary Smyth


These fit over the nail shank and apply spring pressure to prevent pull out. I've seen them made of metal and fiber. Mostly they are curved and a press on fit. Car item? I need thirty or so so they have to be inexpensive.

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#3

Not good

Gary Smyth

the ones I pictured were from the UK and are $1.32 each plus shipping. The clips I'm searching for are similar in function, but a box of 100 shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks'

What I'm looking for are typically dark in color and have a slight curve which captures the screw threads and restricts pull out.

I can't find a picture to show because I don't know what their called.

Thanks for the look up though.

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#4

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to fi

Gary Smyth


Found them, called u nuts.. Who knew?

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#5

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to fi

John K Jordan

That type of clip does not use a nail but a screw, at least those I use. I buy them in sets from Amazon. Even my skid steer uses them, some quite large.

JKJ

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#6

Agreed

Gary Smyth

The nails I'm using are vintage, weathered and rough finish shanked. A small nick and a drop of epoxy will hold them for my purposes

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#7

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to fi *LINK*

John McGaw

As best I can tell you are looking for the clips used to attach zig-zag chair springs and those are readily available although they might not be identical to your picture. Take a look at the link.


Are these the ones?

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#8

Hummmmm

Gary Smyth

Not what was in my mind's eye. Never seen these before. but they may work better -- price is right. Worth a look. Thanks

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#9

Re: Hummmmm

John McGaw

This picture, located using Google image search was a dead giveaway for your intended items.


If you try it yourself by feeding in your posted image you can turn up a load of other similar items which might work as well or better.

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#10

Feeding a image to find similar.

Gary Smyth

I have typed in key words to get images to select from and the companies that make the item, but I have never tried to submit an image to get options/variations of similar items. How is that done? Is Google that "smart"? A quick step by step feeding an image is something I can use often -- if you have the time to share.

Re: What are these (similar)called and where to find?

#11

Re: Feeding a image to find similar.

William Duffield

Go to Google Images (http://images.google.com). On the right side of the search box is a little black camera icon. Clicking on it gets you to the "Search by Image" page, where you will find two choices: a place to enter a url of an image you have found on the web, and an "upload an image" button. If you click on the latter, you get another "Choose file" button, where you can find a file on your computer or local network to upload.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.