WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

What kind of plane is this?

Posts

What kind of plane is this?

#1

A.J. Hamler

What kind of plane is this?

A.J. Hamler

It's taken every bit of about 14 months, but I am FINALLY getting the last couple of boxes unpacked after last year's move. Among the items in the final box was this hand plane I got sometime back in the '90s but never used. I'll pick up a block plane every once in a while, but I'm far from a Neanderthal and so never found a use for this. Looks brand new, but darn if I can find out what kind it is. I've Googled it and image-searched it, but no luck.


It measures about 2-1/4" tall at the highest point, and about 5-3/8" long from the front edge of the body to the tip of the iron at the back. Body is 1-3/16" wide.

Any ideas? Thanks.

A.J.

Re: What kind of plane is this?

#2

Ken Vaughan

Chariot Plane

Ken Vaughan

My wife gave me a similar plane from St James Bay Tool Company a few years back. Handy stubby little plane for small projects A short block or trim plane.

Re: What kind of plane is this?

#3

A.J. Hamler

That's it!

A.J. Hamler

Thanks, Ken. I couldn't think of that to save my life.

A.J.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.