Navy-Air Force Theme Chess Ensemble
Alan Young
I recently returned to Michigan after a trip to my home town-Grand Forks,ND were I delivered two music stands-(posted earlier) and attended the Air Force ROTC Commissioning Ceremony of my nephew-Curran Thomas Gause. Before entering the Air Force ROTC program, Curran served four years in the US Navy on the USS George Washington Air Craft Carrier-For this Commisioning Ceremony I built this Navy-Air Force Themed Chess Ensemble
Art Deco Chess Ensemble in a Navy-Air Force Theme
June 2018
Playing pieces in Powder Coated Steel
Case-Mahogany, Playing Surface-Maple and Walnut with Inlaid Military Challenge Coins
I built this chess ensemble for my nephew Curran Thomas Gause who was commissioned (June 25, 2018) as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Air Force after completing his ROTC training and finishing first in his class of 52. Prior to entering the Air Force ROTC program Curran served 4 years in the United States Navy aboard the USS George Washington Air Craft Carrier

During his commisioning ceremony Curran received his "First Salute" from Roland Young-my father and Curran's grandfather. Roland served with the US Army in Korea.

The chess pieces are made from steel and were powder coated by Julian Carpenter of Beans Beast LLC -Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The knight pieces for the Navy set are Anchors
The knight pieces for the Air Force set are the Air Force Wings
Drawers on each side of the case open to reveal storage for each piece.
In the corners of the Navy side I inserted Navy Challenge Coins
In the corners of the Air Force side I inserted Air Force Challenge Coins