WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Wood Porn on Youtube.....

Posts

Wood Porn on Youtube.....

#1

Wood Porn on Youtube.....

Barry Irby

Anybody check out the videos by Doucette and Wolfe on Youtube? Can't imagine you hand tool guys would not enjoy them. Wonderful wood, fabulous tools, nice pieces of furniture. What's not to like?

(How do they keep their planes in such brand new condition?)

Re: Wood Porn on Youtube.....

#2

So, did anybody go look?


Re: Wood Porn on Youtube.....

#3

Re: Wood Porn on Youtube.....

Marl P

I have been watching for some time. Occasionally I ask

Questions via email.

Matthew Wolf has been very friendly

And helpful.

Matching him at work is almost humbling.

Re: Wood Porn on Youtube.....

#4

Dammit Barry!

John in NM

You made me look! :D

Usually I don't like youtube vids much, too much of some guy standing there and hemming and hawing when a rapid demonstration of substance would communicate quicker than those thousand words.

So far, I am encouraged by their relative lack of discussion, relying on process demonstration instead - someone took the effort to edit out all the superfluous bits, which I very much appreciate!

Re: Wood Porn on Youtube.....

#5

Re: Dammit Barry!

Barry Irby

I like them too. Watching the work without a lot of pontificating. Nice mix of hand tools and power. Nice wood stash. Nice pieces they are making. Fun to watch somebody who actually knows what they are doing.

Re: Wood Porn on Youtube.....

#6

Yep!

Tony - Memphis

I subscribed a long time ago. Inspiring!

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.