WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Pre-Neandertal Woodworking *LINK*

Posts

Pre-Neandertal Woodworking *LINK*

#1

Pre-Neandertal Woodworking *LINK*

John McGaw

There isn't much I can say about this beyond, if you prefer oak furniture, get your dentist on retainer...


Real Men Don't Need Tools

Re: Pre-Neandertal Woodworking *LINK*

#2

ebd

Re: Pre-Neandertal Woodworking

ebd

The smart pre-neander would have used a trained beaver.

Re: Pre-Neandertal Woodworking *LINK*

#3

Re: Pre-Neandertal Woodworking

Keith Newton

Seems to me that using stones ought to be allowed, including breaking and sharpening them yourself.

This seems like a good contest for WC'ers to take on just for fun. I know just from watching that video that I would have done a lot of things differently. I may have to give this a try sometime.

Speaking of stone tools, if any of you are visiting Branson Missouri, Johnny Morris of Bass Pro has opened Top of the Rock Ozark Heritage Preserve, which besides bing a golf resort, has and extraordinary Native American artifact museum as well as Natural history things like full skeletons of Wooly Mammoths, ground sloths and giant beaver. There are full size bronzes sculptures of Native Americans all over the place. Heck the displays and all the ironwork around the place are worth seeing even if they were empty.

My brother Wood Newton was performing at the American Theater, so my sister and two nieces were together when we went through in about 30 minutes if you don't stop and read everything like I would have liked, so I'm already wanting to go back after only 2 weeks.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.