WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

New Woodworking Book out

Posts

New Woodworking Book out

#1

New Woodworking Book out

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.


Richard's book arrived in the mail today. The picture shows the cover and one page of the Table of Contents. I am trying to get mowed before it rains so I have done little more than glance through the pages. It appears nicely done with lots of illustrations. More later on what's inside.

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#2

Re: New Woodworking Book out

Don Orr

Cool! How/Where did you get it? I thought I was on a preorder list somewhere back a few years, but I guess not.

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#3

Re: New Woodworking Book out

William Duffield

I preordered both the paper and digital versions directly from Lost Art Press back in early April, and downloaded the .pdf file immediately upon notification of receipt of payment. My paper copy arrived at the post office last week. If you want to successfully work wood, you need to know what is in this book. I suppose you could extract the information from Hoadley's "Understanding Wood" and the Forest Products Lab's GTR 190, "Wood as an Engineering Material" but Richard Jones presents it in a much more understandable and therefore useful form, especially for those who are not engineers.

https://lostartpress.com/collections/books/products/cut-and-dried

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#4

Re: New Woodworking Book out

Sgian Dubh

William, many thanks for what was both a concise and positive review of my book. I'm truly pleased you found the contents and their presentation to be of value and you felt you could recommend it to others. Yours is the first review of the book I've seen from someone that's read it, or at least I assume you've read most, if not all of it. Slainte.

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#5

Re: New Woodworking Book out

Sgian Dubh

I'm pleased to see it arrived safely Bill. I hope you find it interesting when you have chance to study it in greater detail. Slainte.

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#6

Re: New Woodworking Book out

Steve jenkins

Just placed my order

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#7

Re: New Woodworking Book out

Larry Barrett

I have also been reading your book. It is a very good companion to Hoadley, and includes some nice photographs from Mr. Tindall in chapters 8 and 12 (and maybe others). I found your personal observations in chapters 6,7 and 8 to be particularly interesting.

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#8

Re: New Woodworking Book out

Frank D. in Montreal

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Bill.

People in Canada can get it through Lee Valley. Got my copy today.

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#9

Re: New Woodworking Book out

John K Jordan

Will it be available on Amazon?

JKJ

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#10

Re: New Woodworking Book out

Don Orr

Thanks! I'll get one on order.

Re: New Woodworking Book out

#12

Re: New Woodworking Book out

Sgian Dubh

Larry, I hope you found those observations in 6, 7 and 8 to be useful or helpful. Slainte.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.