WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

White oak from an old barrel

Posts

White oak from an old barrel

#1

White oak from an old barrel

Hoa in Alameda

A friend of mine needs a piece of white oak from an old whiskey (or any kind of alcohol) barrel, about 1"X3". This is for decoration; it doesn't need to be of any particular shape. The older the better.

If you can have one laying around, please let me know. I'll pay for the postage.

Thanks.

Re: White oak from an old barrel

#2

Re: White oak from an old barrel

Kevin French

I have many old staves

I assume you want 1" stave, 3" long.

Re: White oak from an old barrel

#3

Re: White oak from an old barrel

Hoa in Alameda

Thanks, Kevin.

I just need a small piece about 1"X3" (or 1"X2" or 2"X4" or ...) of whatever thickness it happens to be.

Please send me an email message (hoa@verific.com). I'll send you the shipping address and the shipping cost.

Re: White oak from an old barrel

#4

Re: White oak from an old barrel

Ralph Lipeles

I would think he wants a 1" thick by 3" wide by full length, about 3 feet.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.