WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Homemade Carving Gouges *LINK*

Posts

Homemade Carving Gouges *LINK*

#1

Homemade Carving Gouges *LINK*

Stuart Johnson

I saw this video today and unless I'm the only one that hasn't seen it I thought others might like it. He makes a lot of his tools and has some interesting videos.


Homemade Carving Gouges

Re: Homemade Carving Gouges *LINK*

#2

Unless I missed it,

Keith Newton

He should have pointed out not to use bi-metal blades. They have a hardened strip just deeper than the teeth, but I doubt the metal behind it would be all that good.

I made some of my first carving tools out of old files, about 50 years ago. I still use them sometimes too.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.