WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Way OT: Wireless Monitor

Posts

Way OT: Wireless Monitor

#1

Way OT: Wireless Monitor

Stuart Johnson

There are ways to clone laptop output to a tv. Is there a way to have a desktop with no monitor send the output wireless to a monitor across the room using wifi or some other network way? It seems with all the tech available now there must be some sort of wireless HDMI set up but I don't seem to be asking Google the right question. My object is to have my desk across the room from the desktop without trying to run a bunch of wires.

Re: Way OT: Wireless Monitor

#2

Re: Way OT: Wireless Monitor *LINK*

John McGaw

Go to Amazon.com and search for 'wireless hdmi' (without the quotes of course) and you'll find a lot of solutions. Some of them may even do what you want. Don't forget, WoodCentral gets a (small) kickback for your Amazon purchases as long as you go there from the WC link.


Wireless HDMI Amazon Search

Re: Way OT: Wireless Monitor

#3

Re: Way OT: Wireless Monitor

Don Evans

If you have a SMART TV and using Win 10 you should be able to do that.

Although I have that ability I've never bother to set it up but when I go into my router software with the computer I see the TV in the listing of connections to the router.

Don

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.