WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Value on Delta 37-190?

Posts

Value on Delta 37-190?

#1

Value on Delta 37-190?

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

A guy I know wants to buy my Delta 6" Delux jointer. It's in pristene condition with push blocks, extra knives, a mobile base, and the manual. I'd consider selling it only because I'm planning to upgrade to a 8" Byrd-head jointer.

I have no memory of what I paid for it new and no idea what its current value is.

Suggestions for a fair price?

Re: Value on Delta 37-190?

#2

JL

Re: Value on Delta 37-190?

JL

Depending on how long ago...

Closed stand or open stand?

Open - new it was $200-300

Closed - new it was more.

Your choice as to how much you want to charge.

Re: Value on Delta 37-190?

#3

Re: Value on Delta 37-190?

Gary Smyth

Checked around various woodworking/tool sites. If I read correctly,stated by poster of ad, retail when new (Delta) closed stand, around $440. resale $240 -$375. Lumber jocks site was high, craigslist was low. Reviews are not the greatest when it came out, Still. I'd keep it and upgrade head rather than go bigger at a overall loss/advantage.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.