WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

dvd sloped shelf

Posts

dvd sloped shelf

#1

dvd sloped shelf

mike mcnerney

I am building a sloped shelving unit approx. 10de. The customer likes this idea but the one thing I am wondering about is does a DVD player have to be level to work properly. If it does I am still considering the idea & just adding a 'wood leveler painted the same color?

Mike Mcnerney

Re: dvd sloped shelf

#2

Re: dvd sloped shelf

Gary Smyth

I had a DVD player that mounted vertically on a wall. Worked as designed, but I would test on the unit itself. Discs are generally mounted for playback on a pressure clip mechanism to hold them so I'm thinking that an incline will not matter. Do a test on the unit the shelf will be designed for as it's possible the drive motor may not like the not level mass distribution.

Re: dvd sloped shelf

#3

Re: dvd sloped shelf

mike mcnerney

thanks Gary

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.