WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Trying to Upload Images

Posts

Trying to Upload Images

#1

Trying to Upload Images

Bill Marr

Ellis,

I have been trying to follow the guidelines for uploading pictures with my post to no avail. My current pic is 120 kb and loaded on my hard drive. When I attempt to post and put my curser in the text box, I see no "Browse" button or Upload embedded image" box to allow me to find the file. Please help me understand what I am doing incorrectly so I can more fully participate in WC. Thanks.

Bill

Re: Trying to Upload Images

#2

Kneale Brownson

Re: Trying to Upload Images

Kneale Brownson

Above the reply box is a "choose file" box.

Limit here is 100 kb.

I use an on-line hosting service to post my photos and then can just put the URL of one into the optional image url box below the reply box.

Re: Trying to Upload Images

#3

Member profile

Dick Coers

I just did a quick look, but didn't find you name in the member profile list. Did you register under a different name or email?

Re: Trying to Upload Images

#4

Re: Member profile

Bill Marr

In “My Profile”, my name and email are correct. Is there somewhere else I should look for it.

Re: Trying to Upload Images

#5

Re: Member profile

John K Jordan

>>>In “My Profile”, my name and email are correct. Is there somewhere else I should look for it.

Check the spelling, spaces, etc in your profile name. It it matches exactly your name in your messages will show as a link with blue characters. Did you save the profile?

Check for your name in the "Profiles" link. I see no Bill Marr there at the moment:


If needed, send a note to Ellis from the Contact link on the home page.

JKJ

Re: Trying to Upload Images

#6

Ellis Walentine

Sorry about that *LINK*

Ellis Walentine

John is right. If you don't see the option to browse for a file in the message dialog, and your name isn't blue and underlined when you post, it means our forum software doesn't recognize you as a registered member. Create a valid profile and use that name and email address each time you visit, and you'll be good to go.

Sorry about the 100Kb file size limit. That's a throwback to our early days and should be increased, but my guru for this software is no longer around, so we're living with the lower limit. If image processing is difficult for you, I did detail an online picture size reducer (picresize.com -- see link below for my instructions) that does a pretty nifty job of preparing quality images under our maximum file size limit.

You can always reach me directly by email or through the "Report Problem" link in the nav bar at the top of the forum page. Let me know if you need more help.

Cheer,

Ellis Walentine, host


Easy Resizing of Photos

Re: Trying to Upload Images

#7

Re: Member profile

Bill Phoenix, MD

It appears that I had originally registered as Bill Phoenix, MD and later tried to change my username to Bill Marr but I hadn't really changed it from as it was registered. I guess I'll keep it as it originally was. I have since been able to upload an image to a previous message. Thanks John.

Re: Trying to Upload Images

#8

Re: Sorry about that

Bill Phoenix, MD

Thanks Ellis. I'll look into that re-sizing site.

Re: Trying to Upload Images

#9

What? I don't get any credit? LOL


👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.