WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

So I bought a new router & baseplate....

Posts

So I bought a new router & baseplate....

#1

So I bought a new router & baseplate....

Barry Irby

Went to a freight auction and bought a Bosch 1617 EVS router. Then ordered a Bosch base plate they sell for their router table. (I have a router installed in the wing of my TS and this is an upgrade.)

Bosch baseplate advertised as fitting "many routers". Took the plastic base off the router thinking the screws would attach it to the baseplate. Nope. Fiddle, fiddle, scratch head, search internet. Go to Bosch site. Go to many tool seller sites. Fiddle some more. Finally see an obscure reference to 4 hole and three hole pattern on many common routers. I had taken four screws out. Went back, looked again and spotted the three hole pattern. But the screws don't fit. The four screws are metric. The three are very similar, but slightly larger and SAE.

Who thinks of this stuff? Wouldn't you like to find the Engineer that specked it and pimp slap him/her? Jokes on them though, I already had some screws stashed.

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

#2

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

Mark Nowicki

This coming from someone that lives in a country that still uses measurements based on lengths of body parts, thinks that water freezes at 32, and validates credit cards with zip codes :)

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

#3

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

Barry Irby

And some people think it's normal for men to turn themselves into women.

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

#4

and

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

to always seem to need to carry an umbrella . . .

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

#5

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

AZ in Colorado Springs

Mark, are you a drag racer?

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

#6

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

Mark Nowicki

I......... don't.............. know.........

It this a trick question?

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

#7

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

AZ in Colorado Springs

I was watching the gatornationals this morning and the was a competitor named Mark Nowicki in one of the sportsman classes.

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

#8

Re: So I bought a new router & baseplate....

Mark Nowicki

No, not me.

But based on my family's history could be a relative.

My father's cousin was a rally driver in Poland in the sixties. He was pretty good, took me for a ride in a rally prepped BMW once.

It was awesome .

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ryszard+nowicki+polski+rajdowiec&rlz=1C1RUCY_enCA774CA774&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=IbAR_dsQUHq6JM%253A%252CM517KdmfeNPo-M%252C_&usg=__y_UKkFSZPvDiYrTDl83ujQeofvA%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiI0Z-a8vPZAhWJ6IMKHc7ZBZ4Q9QEIWDAG#imgrc=wP3TRsbof7Wr5M:

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.