WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Have any of you tried Walabot? *LINK*

Posts

Have any of you tried Walabot? *LINK*

#1

Have any of you tried Walabot? *LINK*

Keith Newton

Last week I was out looking at a job with a contractor friend in a high-rise condo. We were talking about how to attach some things, like hanging a barn door track from the ceiling for 9' tall doors among other things. His plumbers were there too, and when I brought it up, none of them had ever heard of it, but they were all over wanting it, if it was really good. I'll include myself as a prospective user too.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCULlgO9fDk3jFHdVWKAcDjg

Re: Have any of you tried Walabot? *LINK*

#2

Re: Have any of you tried Walabot?

Barry Irby

No experience here except I looked at them on line and now I get endless ads on Facebook.

I would have bought one just for fun but they do not work on Apple phones so I have no way to use it. You find it amazing they don't have an Apple version.

Re: Have any of you tried Walabot? *LINK*

#3

Did  everything but order.

Gary Smyth

I have a large need for such a device but after reading reviews t decided to wait.

1. Only good on Andriod devices -- and only later models of some, not all.

2. Difficult to calibrate and is hard to keep calibrated from reports

3. Look up Walabot reviews from any browser. Amazon has over 30% of one and two star ratings with reasons and comments. but there is a majority of those liking it.

4. Lots of mixed reviews for 2017. Four or five postings and all with mostly less than stellar evaluation,

I didn't provide a link because there are many to read.

This would be so cool if like a Flir(infrared viewer) you could point and shoot in real time to record the activity behind a wall, but they do not seem to be there yet. Even with price reduction I'll wait. They have a great idea but need to do more work.

If you do pull the trigger, write your opinion here after testing.

Re: Have any of you tried Walabot? *LINK*

#4

Yea, thanks Barry and Gary, and not for $100

Keith Newton

I'm an iPhone user too, so not a customer yet. Maybe when it works on my phone for $15 ~ $20..

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.