WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Quiet compressor

Posts

Quiet compressor

#1

Quiet compressor

Bill P

Looking for a quiet air compressor. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with Califoronia air. From what I've seen on the net they are quiet and have decent reviews.

Re: Quiet compressor

#2

Re: Quiet compressor

Virgil Johnson

What size compressor do you need? I don't have any experience with the California compressors but I am pleased with my Makita Mac2400 I bought 5-6 years ago. Its very quiet and quite the compressor for a small footprint. Its sits under the infeed table of my jointer and I have it connected to hose reel. It fairly heavy so its not the best compressor if you want portable. (or I'm weak and just wimp when it comes to moving manly items) My need for compressed air is very small in my shop.

Re: Quiet compressor

#3

Re: Quiet compressor & Calif. Air

ronster

I've had the Calif Air 10020 for about 18 months, so that's not long enough for a reliable review. It is quiet. I like the design layout – functional, portable, easy to use, good dials. It arrived with some shipping damage that had dislodged some of the tubing. No cosmetic damage, but it's just an AC right? Packaging was inadequate. One phone call and they quickly shipped replacement parts; easy fix. So far: good purchase!

Re: Quiet compressor

#4

Re: Quiet compressor & Calif. Air

Bill P

I would only be using it mainly for light duty. Probably just for nail guns and maybe some small spraying projects. If I were to get into larger spray projects I would go the stand alone type of sprayer. I like the low noise level of them because a lot of times when I'm in my basement shop everyone is sleeping. The 10020c is the model I was interested in buying. It's a 2hp, 10 gal. compressor.

Re: Quiet compressor

#5

Re: Quiet compressor *LINK*

Keith Newton

Since your not getting many answers here, I would suggest you check the reviews down at the bottom of this page at Amazon. This will be the experience from people that have this compressor.


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0188XBTLY/ref=asc_df_B0188XBTLY5391640/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B0188XBTLY&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198090983914&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17524205375516223564&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint

Re: Quiet compressor

#6

Bob Moffett

Re: Quiet compressor

Bob Moffett

I have the 4 gallon model sold by Home Depot. It is the same compressor, just has the Husky name on it. I have had it for about 2 years and have been very pleased with it. I mainly use it for blowing off dust and nail guns.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.