WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Hercules Tools

Posts

Hercules Tools

#1

Bob Moffett

Hercules Tools

Bob Moffett

Has anyone tried any of the new Hercules tools that Harbor Freight is selling. I got an email from them for a 12" compound miter saw and it was $389. I have reservations about the quality of Harbor Freight tools.

Re: Hercules Tools

#2

Bill Blasic

Re: Hercules Tools

Bill Blasic

I bought the Hercules 20V Lithium Cordless 1/2 In. Compact Drill/Driver Kit and I am super pleased with it. Way past expectations.

Re: Hercules Tools

#3

Re: Hercules Tools

Tom dunlap

I've handled them but not bought.

I wonder if HF has put a bow tie on a pig. They have a look and feel that compares to the name brands

$389 is about what I paid for a reconditioned Dewalt 10" scms.

Like most i accept the HF quality/price/value gamble occasionally

Re: Hercules Tools

#4

Re: Hercules Tools

Larry Clinton At Frankfort, (Central) Indiana

Not tried the Hercules tools, but my son was remodeling his house several years ago he purchased a Harbor Freight pancake compressor for the huge sum of either $29.95 or $39.95! He told me he figured it would last long enough to run the air nailers to install the trim in his home. That thing ran for over 5 years and he worked it pretty hard!

Re: Hercules Tools

#5

Dissection *LINK*

Tom dunlap

I went down the HF rabbit hole today

Here's a vid of a funny guy dissecting a Hercules cordless drill

Draw your own conclusions.

Seems like a bow tie on a pig to me


Hercules dissected

Re: Hercules Tools

#6

Bill Blasic

Re: Dissection

Bill Blasic

I have used it heavily for three months and it has worked flawlessly. Like said draw your own conclusions. Cannot beat it for the price as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how anyone could listen to that guy for any length of time in that video.

Re: Hercules Tools

#7

From a practical point of view...

Mike Farinella

Ask yourself the question; If it breaks, where do I get it fixed, or the availability of spare parts? It's not HF.

Re: Hercules Tools

#8

Re: Dissection

Tom dunlap

Hi Bill

Not arguing...he does have a flowery delivery!

I've bought HF power and handtools with varying sucsess. Low cost/low demand/low expectations

Like he says at the very end...how much less than a name brand reconditioned tool?

Re: Hercules Tools

#9

Same for Delta, and General

Dick Coers

Now we can start to see why Delta and General have gone to that level of machinery. If we can justify a throw away drill or SCMS, why can't a younger person consider a throw away table saw? Might just be the growth segment of our market.

Re: Hercules Tools

#10

Re: Hercules Tools

Henry (Raleigh NC)

Why would you even consider this? At that price the cost is not (or not much of) a savings over a name brand tool; DeWalt, Hitachi, Mikita all make well regarded CMSs I believe.

Check one of the outlet tool places for reconditioned tools.

Henry

Re: Hercules Tools

#11

Re: Hercules Tools

James Heaston

Geeze Bob what tool companies do you not have reservations about? :D

If you got serious work to do buy serious tools. That being said I've bought several tools from HF with few complaints. If you don't like it take it back. If it breaks; get it replaced. If the money is the issue in getting a job done .... get the HF and get the job done. ;)

Re: Hercules Tools

#12

Re: From a practical point of view...

Ray Newman

BINGO!

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.