WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Wood works

Posts

Wood works

#1

Wood works

DizD

My bandsaw started squealing and slipping - turns out the key for the drive pulley on the lower wheel had come out and was missing. I had just pulled down a hickory board, so I cut a 3/16" square strip to fit, put it in and all is good. I remembered that at my first job in mid 60's we had an old Dodge Power Wagon, probably WWII vintage. The winch drive shaft went into a yoke and there was a small hickory dowel through the shaft to turn the yoke. Designed to shear as a last resort before major damage ? (DAMHIKT).

Re: Wood works

#2

Re: Wood works

Don Orr

Isn't wood just a remarkable material ? So many uses.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.