Japanese Lacquer Article *LINK*
Tony - Memphis
Not big fan of this stuff, but I do appreciate it....
Thought it was an interesting article to share:
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/kazumi-murose-japanese-lacquerware/index.html
Lacquerware
Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge
Japanese Lacquer Article *LINK*
Tony - Memphis
Not big fan of this stuff, but I do appreciate it....
Thought it was an interesting article to share:
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/kazumi-murose-japanese-lacquerware/index.html
Lacquerware
Re: Japanese Lacquer Article
John McGaw
Lovely stuff there. I have a few pieces of Japanese lacquerware but, sadly, mine isn't from an artist such as your article introduces. Mine came from Bembo which is more of a high-volume maker. One oddity in my little collection is a cigarette case such as one would have put on the coffee table or desk in the old days. One partition inside is lined with some sort of black particulate material which is presumably fireproof since it is meant to be an ashtray. I've never seen another like it.
Re: Japanese Lacquer Article
Philip Duffy
There has been a new interest in applying these Japanese lacquers to fountain pens. The results are extraordinary and beautiful beyond belief in many cases. As a result the cost of such an object is often left to the corporate investor or the very wealth of the world. I am NOT one of those! Philip