WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

OT- Screen Protector

Posts

OT- Screen Protector

#1

OT- Screen Protector

Tom Norton

Just installed a new screen protector on my tablet. Bubbles!!! No matter how careful I am I get bubbles. So wondering about a liquid screen protector. Staples will do it using Liquid Armour for $30. I see it available on eBay.

Anyone have any experience with a product like this??

Thanks!

Re: OT- Screen Protector

#2

Re: OT- Screen Protector

Stuart Johnson

I just installed a Whitestone Dome Glass on my Samsung Note 8. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075D1PR6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 After watching what seems like hundreds of Youtube review on different one.

A little tricky to do but works very well. I don't know if they have one for every phone.

Re: OT- Screen Protector

#3

Re: OT- Screen Protector

Tom dunlap

A friend of mine does vinyl graphics. When he put them on my van he used a spritz bottle of a diluted soap solution before applying the vinyl. As he unrolled the vinyl he used a soft spatula used to smooth body putty to swipe out the. Unbles. Once it was down he went back and milked out the bubbles. The soap

Solution kept adhesive from sticking for a while. Have him setup time to fine tune

Re: OT- Screen Protector

#4

Re: OT- Screen Protector

John McGaw

Are you trying a plastic film protector or a glass one? In my experience the former is difficult to use and of no use in providing real protection. I finally settled on a type of protector made of 'Gorilla' glass but a fraction of a millimeter thick -- they are far easier to apply properly and provide better protection. I can only imagine that some sort of 'liquid' protector would be even worse at protecting anything than the film.

Re: OT- Screen Protector

#5

Re: OT- Screen Protector

Stuart Johnson

Sounds like the same sort of stuff as reflective window treatment film. It might help for some scratching but I don't think it would offer any real break protection from say a drop.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.