Web page colors
Philip Duffy
Help! I just installed an update to my antivirus system and suddenly the colors of the forum are black and blue, and virtually unreadable! I went to Settings and got no satisfaction. Can anyone help? Philip
Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge
Web page colors
Philip Duffy
Help! I just installed an update to my antivirus system and suddenly the colors of the forum are black and blue, and virtually unreadable! I went to Settings and got no satisfaction. Can anyone help? Philip
Re: Web page colors
Mark Nowicki
Re forum colors, (Windows 7)
Go to Control Panel, System and Security, Restore computer to earlier time.
As for finding satisfaction, you are on your own. (Mick Jagger has been complaining about that since the sixties.)
I would suggest that if you need help with a computer problem at least take the trouble to say what operating system you are using, what browser, and ideally what anti-virus you updated.
Re: Web page colors
John K Jordan
If you are using the Chrome browser on Windows 10:
An earlier message from Ellis:
We've pretty well determined that disabling hardware acceleration on your Chrome browser in Windows 10 will fix the black screen issue. This may be to your advantage if you browse some of our other pages, e.g., Shop Shots, Ornaments, Store, etc. 1. Click the three dots at the top right of your Chrome browser screen
2. Click Settings
3. Scroll all the way down and click Advanced
4. Scroll down to System
5. Turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available"
6. Click RELOAD to restart Chrome
If you are not using the Chrome browser on Windows 10:
As Mark mentioned, provide some minimum information like browser, OS, and device. If your specific problem is a new one this can help with debugging. As a long-time beta tester this is a natural thing but not providing it is understandable without this experience.
JKJ