WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Finally! A coupling for PVC to flexible hose *LINK*

Posts

Finally! A coupling for PVC to flexible hose *LINK*

#1

Finally! A coupling for PVC to flexible hose *LINK*

Ray Carson - Lawrenceville, NJ

While searching across the "interweb" for dust collection items on the cheap, I came across this at Rockler. Maybe some of you have already seen this item.

An adapter that provides an easy solution for connecting schedule 40 PVC to 4'' hose. Item #: 56472.

I'm in no way associated with the company, I'm just passing information along to my fellow woodworkers.

I'm sure there are many, many ways to make this fitting and I myself have seen countless videos on YouTube on dust collection DIY. For me, this is a very affordable solution to solving a common problem. Thanks Rockler !! :)


http://www.rockler.com/rockler-schedule-40-pvc-to-4-hose-adapter

Re: Finally! A coupling for PVC to flexible hose *LINK*

#2

Re: coupling

Ray Carson - Lawrenceville, NJ

...... now they need a 6" PVC to 4" flex hose version. :D

Re: Finally! A coupling for PVC to flexible hose *LINK*

#3

And

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

They need them to fit 4 or 6" "S&D" pipe. Schedule 40 is way too heavy for dust ducting S&D (sewer and drain) is thinner and less that half the price. Add in the cost of fittings on Sch. 40 and you best check you home equity credit line ;)

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.