WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

OT- Google???

Posts

OT- Google???

#1

OT- Google???

Tom Norton

So any idea what's going on on with Google on my tablet? Now my screen shows up all sites I looked Nat plus current news. Also says morevus coming.

This is REALLY annoying!

Re: OT- Google???

#2

Re: OT- Google???

John K Jordan

To improve your chance of a useful response you might describe what kind of tablet, what operating system, what browser or app you are using, and whether you use an ad blocker. I don't see any of that with my iPad with OS 6 or my Win10 laptop with the latest FireFox.

Google on my iPad has a menu in the upper left which includes "settings" which has some controls, including options for recent searches. The win10 version also gives some control over settings. I typically turn off all options.

Sorry, I have no idea what "Also says morevus coming" means. I've never heard of a "morevue".

JKJ

Re: OT- Google???

#3

Re: OT- Google???

Tom Norton

It is a Asus ZenPad S80. Not sure what operating system, Chrome? I think.. I am quite tech challenged!

It seems to have started yesterday. There is a message " That's all for now. More messages will appear soon."

Not sure what I should do on Settings. I did not change anything in the past few days

Re: OT- Google???

#4

Re: OT- Google???

Lee Schierer in McKean, PA

It sounds like you have picked up some advertising malware. You need to download and run Malwarebytes or other malware program.

Lee

Re: OT- Google???

#5

Re: OT- Google???

John K Jordan

>>>You need to download and run...

The easiest thing for a tech-challenged geezer is to ask a teenager to fix it. :)

JKJ

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.