WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Bandsaw Blower

Posts

Bandsaw Blower

#1

Bandsaw Blower

Tony - Memphis

Santa brought me a 3D printer. One of my first projects was to turn this old server blower fan into a sawdust blower and light! I had done one using folded up copper for the drill press (no lights though). Works great. Hard to blow away sawdust from behind a mask! My power supply (no idea where I got it) just happened to have a 12V and a 5V supply, so I thought it would be nice to add the LED's. I used it yesterday while cutting out a carving blank. Its ugly as heck, but it works well.

Tony



Re: Bandsaw Blower

#2

Re: Bandsaw Blower

Victor P

its a thing of beauty...

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#3

Re: Bandsaw Blower

Don Orr

That's very cool! Patent Pending ??

How is it attached?

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#4

Re: Bandsaw Blower

Tony - Memphis

The blue base has two 1" magnets. That makes it easy to aim. Need to add an inline switch....

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#5

Re: Bandsaw Blower

James Heaston

Ingenious!

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#6

Re: Bandsaw Blower

John K Jordan

Looks like a good idea. I could use one at the lathe - sometimes chips build up with certain woods and cuts.

Does it tend to blow dust around the shop? The dust collection on my bandsaw picks up almost everything except when I make "skimming" cuts but I position a flex hose on the table with a magnet as needed.

JKJ

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#7

Re: Bandsaw Blower - details on your 3D printer?

MartinMJ

Tony, could you give some details on your 3D printer - make model, size limits,

software and easy/difficulties in the overall machine. Pictures if you can.

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#9

Re: Bandsaw Blower

Ray Carson - Lawrenceville, NJ

Neat !

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#10

Ellis Walentine

Re: Bandsaw Blower

Ellis Walentine

I agree, Jim; that's a nice little collector. Thanks for posting it.

Ellis

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#11

Re: Bandsaw Blower

William Duffield

No. The program he wrote for the CNC machine, being a product of the workmanship of risk, is (or has the potential to be) a thing of beauty. The blower itself, being a product of the workmanship of certainty, is just a thing.

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#12

Re: Bandsaw Blower - details on your 3D printer?

Tony - Memphis

Probably easier to just Google it - Creality CR 10. Mrs. Claus got it from Gearbest. Very nice machine. Still learning...

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#13

Re: Bandsaw Blower

Tony - Memphis

I haven't used it a lot, but it does just blow things around. That was the idea though. It is not a very strong blower. Just enough to clear the line. I have dust collection on my BS, but it doesn't help with the line being covered up. I can see where your solution would work for that. Maybe I'll make a little mini hood with magnets that has a hose that connects to the BS dust collection? Hmmmm.... My BS will soon look like R2D2! Ha!

Re: Bandsaw Blower

#14

R2D2

Yonak

"My BS will soon look like R2D2!"

That's funny. It reminds me of a skit on an early Saturday Night Live show entitled, "The Anal Retentive Woodworker."

Great idea on the blower, Tony. It's definitely a real solution to a problem .. and a nice use of your new toy. Congratulations on both.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.