Another year is almost gone. Christmas weekend was good around my house and lots of love, laughs, and general family time was spent around the kitchen. We had good food and conversation while all were sharing the holiday together.
The LOML helped me work on getting the replacement parts for the chair repair project together and the chair is finished except for me applying the "finish" to the chair. I expect to have this chair and the other one finished this week.
That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past Christmas holiday weekend?
I enjoyed an after-midnight skunk removal project. I caught a big skunk in a trap inside the peacock house early Sunday morning.
Saturday morning I had discovered the remains of one of my three little peacocks inside the peacock house. I found where something had dug underneath a wooden wall so I set a trap with concrete blocks and bricks to guide whatever came through directly into the trap. Checking on it every few hours and after midnight I found a big skunk in the trap. It took me almost 2 hours to (carefully) remove the trap, drag it across the field and down to the pond, and give the skunk a diving lesson. He didn't do too well. Then clean up the trap and reset it in case there was more than one.
I didn't know skunks would kill and eat poultry and I didn't know they were good climbers. This "baby" peacock was almost as big as a chicken and the skunk would have had to climb a pole or wall and walk out on a roost. I read up and found that yes, skunks will climb and kill birds if they can. Hey, at least he got just one - we still have the other two youngsters, one yearling capture from the wild, and five mature adults.
I have nothing against skunks and other hungry critters otherwise, I just wish they would patronize a different restaurant.
Christmas eve with the grandsons, a bit of time in the shop, everyone healthy, life is good!