WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Benny Moore Experience?

Posts

Benny Moore Experience?

#1

Benny Moore Experience?

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

Anyone use B-M "Advance" waterbase pigmented alkyd paint as furniture finish?

Will be HVLP spraying the stuff with both a turbine outfit and a conversion pressure pot rig. As surfaces with be (almost all) horizontal, I'm most concerning with orange peel rather than runs of sags.

TIA

Re: Benny Moore Experience?

#2

Re: Benny Moore Experience?

Tom Norton

I will be interested in these reponses. I just bought some yesterday and am spraying,with Hvlp, on Christmas gifts.

Re: Benny Moore Experience?

#3

Re: Benny Moore Experience?

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

I did some picture frames with it. It cost a lot but did ok. I prefer spraying oil paint if I am looking for a gloss, glass smooth surface.

Re: Benny Moore Experience?

#4

Application Method?

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

Hand or spray?

Thin or Flotrol (or both) and if so, how much?

Thanks

Re: Benny Moore Experience?

#5

Re: Application Method?

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

I brushed it on. It was advertised to level exceptionally and it did. You will have no trouble spraying to yield a smooth surface. Local store sells it to local company that refinishes cabinets. I have seen kitchen cabinetry sprayed with it and they are smooth. No info on spraying details.

Re: Benny Moore Experience?

#6

Thanks, Bill


👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.